It has started to rain from quite few days in Bangalore(Finally!!) and the weather is just right to have something hot spicy and yummy..Few days days when it was pouring heavily outside I was in a mood to have something that is hot and spicy,is quick and can me made with the limited resources that I had at home then.So this is what I made..A quick version of Domino’s Calzone Pocket..
This is what you will need: (This will make two full Calzones)
1 cup Refined flour (Maida)
1 teaspoon Sooji/Semolina/Rava
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (Can Skip of you don’t have it)
Little bit of chili Flakes
Little bit of Oregano
Peeled and chopped carrot
- In a bowl mix maida, sooji, garlic powder, oregano,chili flakes and salt to taste.Mix some water to it and make a dough
- In some water add a bit of salt and boil corn.Meanwhile chop the beans,onion carrot and mix all of them once corn is done.
- From the dough take a 4 equal portions.Roll each of to make equal sized circles.
- Take one circle and put a slice(or half a slice as per your health preference) of cheese slice and sprinkle crushed pepper on to it.Add the carrot beans,onion,corn mix to it. Put another circle on it and cover it nicely.Now seal both the ends of the calzone
- Boil oil in a pan.Once the oil is hot add this calzone into it and deep fry on medium flame until it is golden brown.
- Serve it hot with your favorite sauce.
Note:You can make filling as per your choice. I just used whatever I had at home.
Let’s Share: Hope you enjoyed this quick recipe from my kitchen. Make it this rainy season and let me know if your friends/family liked it and asked for more:)