I must admit that I have never been a fan of Soyabean,until recently.I just realized that I have been eating it the wrong ie the boring way till now.I have heard a lot about its health benefits and all but never actually experimented with it.
Recently one day, I had nothing else at home than just a packet of Soya Chunks,so I took it and started making something with it.I started it as a normal dish that was just supposed to satisfy our hunger but it it turned out to be so great and tasty that I felt like I should share with you all.I am hoping that there will be people like me who have neglected it so far.So here is something fun that you can make with soyabean. I don’t have any name for it so Let’s Call It- “Soya Chunks in Chinese Style”
Below dish will serve for two people
What you will Need:
- Sauces: Chili Sauce, Soya Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Vinegar
- Soya Chunks. I used the ones from Nutrela
- Corn Flour
- Peppers to Crush. Garlic Powder(Optional).Oregano. Chili Flakes
- Vegetables: Onions, Capsicum, Carrot, Cabbage or anything else of your choice
1. In a bowl take half cup of Corn flour,add little bit of chili flakes,oregano and salt to it.Add one spoon of vinegar,half spoon of soya sauce and half spoon of chili sauce.If you have garlic powder you can add that too.
2. In a pan take a cup of soya chunks, add water and boil until the soya chunks doubles up in its size.Strain the hot water and run it through cold water for few seconds.Strain the water and squeeze the soya chunks to remove excess water.
3. Take a deep pan and keep oil for frying and bring it to heat.Meanwhile,put the soya chunks in the corn mix and coat well.Add these chunks now to the hot oil and deep fry until it turns golden brown.Keep the flame on medium.Take out the chunks in a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
4. In another pan put a bit of oil.Add Crushed pepper and chili flakes to it.Now add chopped onions and saute a bit.Add other chopped vegetables of your choice like cabbage, capsicum,carrot or whatever veggie you want and saute for few more mins till they are slightly cooked.
5. Add a spoon bit of Vinegar,half a spoon of soya sauce,a spoon of Chili Sauce,a spoon of tomato sauce.Mix well.Add the soya chunks.Mix well for few mins and your dish is done.Serve it hot.
After tasting this I am definitely open to experiment more with soybean and also looking at how I can utilize this for more healthier options.
Let’s Share: How did you like this dish?Are you a Soybean Lover?How do you like to eat your soyabean?