We Indians have a special love for Tea.It is such a integral part of our lives.Whether its waking up with a cup of tea or getting energized up with it or catching up with a friend or just sipping it for taste.And its just not the occasion which is different for each person it is also the flavor preference.Some of us like our tea with Ginger,some Elaichi,some prefer lemon tea and so on.The way tea is prepared also differs from state to state.That is why India is such a country of cultural diversity.
Today I bring you another such flavor of tea from our Heaven Kashmir.It is called as Kahwah.My husband’s colleague from Kashmir told him about this tea and was really sweet to get the leaves for him,so that we can try it at home :). It is basically a green tea but is rich in flavor of Indian Spices.It is such a different form of tea and must be tried by every Indian once.
Below recipe serves two people.This is how you make it:
- In a pan put the desired amount of water. Add two/three cardamom pieces.Put a piece of Cinnamon and let the water boil.You can also crush these two coarsely before putting in water.
- Add a pinch of saffron strands to the water.
- Take two spoon of Kahwah leaves and crush it on your palms and add to this boiling water and let it boil for some more time,till the leaves dissolve in the water and a nice color comes out.
- Once the water has boiled add sugar as per preference.I go for 1 spoon for 1 cup of water.
- While your water is boiling take some almonds and slice them finely and put them in the cup.You can add almond as per your preference.I add 1/1 and half almonds in a cup.
- You can also add a strand of saffron to the boiling water in the later stage just before pouring it over.
- Pour this tea mix over the cup with almonds and enjoy. If you don’t want the leaves/cardamom coming to your mouth then just strain the water while pouring in the cup.
This tea apart from being rich in spices has several health benefits too.Since it is rich in spices it provides warmth and helps to fight minor flues.It is great to fight headaches as well! If you want to see how it is being prepared you can watch this quick video here.
So next time you get a chance to try out this great Tea,you must try it. If you have already done so,do let me know how you liked it.