Today I am going to share with you how to color your hair at home in few simple steps and save a lottt of money :). All you have to do is Mix, Apply, Wash. After trying this at home, I am never going back to salons.
(I was supposed to do this post weeks back but it just kept getting delayed. I am not yet habituated of taking Selfies and thus I had no after hair color pics to show you girls. Yesterday I managed to take some pics so thought of doing this post 🙂 )
Sometime back I had started to get my hair colored as henna was making my hair rough and I really wanted to try out different hair colors. First few times, I got it done in a salon and they charged me a whopping sum of money. After few visits to salon, I realized that there is nothing special they are doing for global hair color(full) and it can easily be done at home.
Recently L’Oreal launched its “Say Yes To Color” Campaign using Loreal Casting Creme in full swing and those ads inspired me to give it a try at home.I am so happy I did it. I easily saved 2K+ and that’s something 😀
So here is what you have you have to do
1. Choose a color of your choice. I would suggest to go for dark shades of brown or chocolate for Indian Skin. If you want to opt for black, do not go for jet black and it looks artificial. I opted for plum shade. Plum is closer to black but has tinge of red which shows in sunlight. Black Ginger was also one color catching my eye. May be next time.
2. Wet your hair and towel dry it.This will make the color application easier.Read the instruction booklet and rest of the steps are quite easy to follow.In the kit you get one Developer Creme Bottle, Creme Colorant, Conditioner , Instruction Booklet and Gloves. Add the developer color with the developer creme. Shake well it you see a color being formed. Place a small cut on the nozzle of the bottle.
3. Wear your gloves and start applying the color by making partitions to your hair. Just apply like you apply henna..Do not apply on skull. Start from your roots.Spread nicely all over your head. Also apply some cream on your face and neck area, so that you can easily wipe off any color dripping to your face.
4. Apply all over your hair and leave for 15 minutes if you don’t have grey hairs. 20 if you have grey strands.
5. Go take a shower to remove the color.Try not to use hot water for hair wash. Shampoo your hair if required. After rinsing off the color apply the conditioner given and leave for few minutes. After some time rinse off the conditioner too.
You might not notice the color immediately. For me that’s the beauty of it. Your hair shows its true colors in sunlight :). Also with each wash the color wears off a bit and hence you will notice the color after few washes.
That’s it. You are done. Wile having a shower take some care.You do not want your walls to be splashed with color ;). And yes if you are first timer, do take the patch test as instructed in the guide.
Price: Rs 545
After using L’Oreal Hair Creme Gloss I have not seen any hair issues like my hair falling or getting rough or anything. It is a ammonia free and is less harsh on hairs. So overall I am quite happy :). Now I can style my hairs the way I want to and not worry about hiding those grey strands :).
So ain’t it easy girls. So what are you waiting for. Get your packs now and save your money. I am not stepping into salons for such an easy thing 🙂
Until the next time. Take care. Stay happy. May you never have a bad hair day 🙂