How are you guys doing? I have been away for a month as I was busy sorting out few things in life. Now they are done, but I am just feeling lazy to be back to blogging in a full fledged manner. On top of that there are these lazy summer days. Gosh I really feel just lazyyyy.
But one thing I don’t feel lazy about is using a good sunscreen in Summers. The sun damages our skin now more than ever. So every time you step out in sun a good sunscreen is a must. I have been using the one from Avene this summer and really, really liking it. I have been using it for more than 3 weeks now.
It gives me a good coverage and keeping my freckles in control. Every summer they increase due to high exposure to sun. I love the fact that even though it is SPF 50 but it is not sticky at all. It is initially is hard to blend but once it is adsorbed in the skin, you are all set to face the sun. I usually apply it with a daily moisturizer underneath but sometimes I skip that and just apply this sunscreen. I apply it once in the morning and since I don’t have to be in sun all day, I am good till the evening.
Avene is a leading French brand and they really make some good products, especially for sensitive skin. It is a brand highly recommended by dermatologists . I would say this is a must try product if you are looking for high coverage.
So here’s why I am loving it:
- It is not greasy and doesn’t make me sweat in sun (I sweat a bit if I am running to catch my bus though)
- Gives nice protection against sun rays. No tanning till now 🙂
- Gets absorbed in skin and gives a really good coverage for hours
- Has SPf 50 and provides protection from UVA & UVB rays
- Didn’t break me out or clogged my pores
- Keeping my freckles in control
- Dispenser is easy to use and is totally hygienic and fuss free
- Easy to carry around
- Leaves no white cast
- Emulsion would be good for normal to mixed skin people. Dry skinned girls can try the cream version
- It is oil-free and doesn’t contain alcohol, silcones or parabens
On the downsides:
- It is pricey and mostly available online in India(MyEnvyBox.com, Nykaa.com) but you can check out some big chemists around, they have it too
- The formula is thick and is not so easy to blend
Price: Rs 1250 for 50 ml
Should you buy it? If you want a sunscreen with high SPF and are ready to spend little more then it is totally worth it.
Will I buy it? Even though it is costly, I would definitely buy it for summers as it gives me a real good coverage.
Till next time. Enjoy the summers and take care of your skin. Do not let the harsh sun rays damage your beautiful skin.
Disclaimer: PR Sample but review is based on my personal experince