How are you girls doing. I am doing great. Vacation time you see. I am currently enjoying my time out with my mother-in-law. Spending some time in kitchen with her and learning new recipes. It is all theory lessons now. Practicals I will do on my husband when we are back :D.
Back to the post now. Today I am reviewing this Ubtan from Forest Essentials that I had bought sometime back. Remember my dear hubby sponsored my Forest Essentials hual and also picked up few products to try out. One of the products we had picked was this Ubtan from Forest Essentials.
What I love about the Forest Essentials products is that they are natural and ayurvedic. When they say natural they stand by it. Once you use any product from them you will get the feel. The natural part reflects in their products and not just in the packaging ;).
Forest Essential claims that their Ubtans are made from finely ground herb, flower and root powders which are sundried and ground by hand, are used as cleansing scrubs or as face packs for deeper exfoliation. I can feel this the moment I open the bottle. It smells of dried Narangi (orange).
What I like about this ubtan is that it cleans really well. Can be used for mild scrubbing. Leaves face fresh and doesn’t stretch out skin. Once you wash your face it does look fresh, clean imparting some glow to the skin. The glow stays for few hours only though. The brand claims that it is useful for removing tan and tacking with Acne,Blemishes,premature fine line etc however I need to use it everyday to tell if all the claims are true or not. As of now I use it 1/2 times in a week. What I have noticed so far is that it does clean well and makes my face fresh and clean. So if I am heading out for some function, this is a sure grab thing for me.
How to Use: Just mix some portion of it with milk/rosewater/curd/milk/tomato juice/water . Make a paste and apply to your face and neck. Leave till it dries. Rinse. Before it dries, you can scrub your face also.
My skin type: Normal
So here’s why we (Me and Hubby) Like it:
- 100% pure and organically grown natural herbs
- Made with traditional method of grinding using Chakki and Okhali (This is why I am liking FE products)
- Contains Ashwagandha, Durva, Brahmi, Marigold Leaves, Nagkesar, Brihati, Neem Sweet Orange, Anantmool, Narangi Peel, Powder, Mulethi, Vidari Kand, Bala, Khas, Camphor
- Cleans face well and imparts a instant glow and firmness that stays for few hours
- A good exfoliant to scrub away dead cells
- Doesn’t stretch out the skin
- One bottle goes a long way
- No breakouts for me (read us 😀 )
- Removes tan to some extent
On the Downside:
- Many may find it pricey (but since you need just a small amount of it , it actually goes long way)
- It smells of dry orange when dry and mehendi(henna) when wet. Many might not like this smell
- Bottle is prone to breakage when dropped
Price: Rs. 695 for 60gm
Will I Buy It? For me it is not the absolute necessity. However it does make my job easier. I like using it for mild scrubbing 1/2 times a week. Hence I might buy it again. However I might go for Soundarya Ubtan.
Pink Love: 4.25/5
Should You Buy It? Well, I like this product but won’t say that it is a must buy product. If you can apply natural items to your face like chickpea flour(besan) you can skip it. If you cannot then you will enjoy this product. If you have oily skin you should try out the Multani Mitti Facial Ubtan instead of this.
Buy From: Forest Essentials Store, FE website, Jabong.com, Flipkart.com